Be the first to know when The Complete Guide to Self-Editing for Fiction Writers comes out in PAPERBACK!
There will be a limited printing of this popular guide in paperback, so if you want one be sure to get on the list! (Adding your name to the list does not commit you to buying one when it comes out, but you will be notified so you can get one if you choose.)
So... what's inside The Complete Guide to Self-Editing for Fiction Writers? I think you mean what ISN'T in this ferocious beast. Behold:
- Learn to confidently self-edit your story, plot, and characters
- Understand the different kinds of editing, and which to tackle when
- Make an air-tight plan to approach your first draft... without freezing or panicking
- Dig into your story on the scene-level, tightening and cleaning up your setting, dialogue, description, action, and a whole lot more
- Weed out redundancies, weak words, and hedging to make your writing shine as bright as a bright bright star
- Learn more than you ever wanted to know about character motivation, the passive voice, flashbacks, foreshadowing, and narrative summary
- Feel the warmth of my hand as I walk you through every tedious step-by-step-by-step of the self-editing process
AND featuring more bonus materials than you'll know what to do with, including:
- Reading recommendations
- Ponderous yet helpful sidenotes & detours about writer's block, outlining, plotting methods, and the merits of post-it notes
- SO MANY CHECKLISTS
Meet Bucket Siler, Who Deliverith the Guide
Oh, hi there. I'm Bucket Siler, aka the Literary Architect. I was on my way to sand down a fishing boat the morning this picture was taken, so my hair is super messed up and I'm wearing sweatpants, but, hey, at least I'm smiling. The camera-shy have to take what they can get.
In case we haven't met, I'm a writer, developmental editor, and blogger extraordinaire at The Literary Architect (um... that's this website!) where I try my darn-dest to help fiction writers create gorgeous, powerful, fan-fucking-tastic stories.
The Complete Guide to Self-Editing for Fiction Writers is an all-in-one resource for my blog readers, subscribers, and followers who aren't ready for or can't afford professional editing and want to go the DIY route. Since the ebook was released, I've had a lot of requests for a paperback version, so I'm releasing one soon.