Bucket Siler, The Literary Architect
Be the first to know when The Complete Guide to Self-Editing for Fiction Writers is released!
Join hundreds of fellow eager readers, and get an email alert when the book is (finally) done.
So... what's inside The Complete Guide to Self-Editing for Fiction Writers? I think you mean what ISN'T in this ferocious beast. Behold:
- Learn to confidently self-edit your story, plot, and characters
- Understand the different kinds of editing, and which to tackle when
- Make an air-tight plan to approach your first draft... without freezing or panicking
- Dig into your story on the scene-level, tightening and cleaning up your setting, dialogue, description, action, and a whole lot more
- Weed out redundancies, weak words, and hedging to make your writing shine as bright as a bright bright star
- Learn more than you ever wanted to know about character motivation, the passive voice, flashbacks, foreshadowing, and narrative summary
- Feel the warmth of my hand as I walk you through every tedious step-by-step-by-step of the self-editing process
AND featuring more bonus materials than you'll know what to do with, including:
- Reading recommendations
- Ponderous yet helpful sidenotes & detours about writer's block, outlining, plotting methods, and the merits of post-it notes
- SO MANY CHECKLISTS
Meet Bucket Siler, Who Deliverith the Guide
Oh, hi there. I'm Bucket Siler, aka the Literary Architect. I was on my way to sand down a fishing boat the morning this picture was taken, so my hair is super messed up and I'm wearing sweatpants, but, hey, at least I'm smiling. The camera-shy have to take what they can get.
In case we haven't met, I'm a writer, developmental editor, and blogger extraordinaire at The Literary Architect (um... that's this website!) where I try my darn-dest to help fiction writers create gorgeous, powerful, fan-fucking-tastic stories.
I decided to write The Complete Guide to Self-Editing for Fiction Writers as an all-in-one resource for my blog readers, subscribers, and followers who aren't ready for or can't afford professional editing and want to go the DIY route. I'm hard at work on it now, and can't wait to show it to you when it's done!